Thursday, April 14, 2005

Erratum: Visitor Count

I noticed this morning that my visitor counter was actually set to display page loads, not unique visitors, as advertised on the sidebar and in an earlier post. My apologies. It is now corrected, and the number is cut roughly in half.

I feel badly for propagating false data, even if it was inadvertent. But I feel worse that my numbers take such a hit! Just kidding, attention from the multitudes is not really why I'm here, and doesn't drive my content. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

(Historically, for astronomers, believe it or not, accuracy to within a factor of two has been pretty darn good. Getting something within an order of magnitude, i.e. a factor of ten, was often the norm. But lately, with a vast array of observational satellites, we're in an era of "precision cosmology", in which astronomical measurements are approaching the few percent level. Accordingly, I'm glad to be more precise in reckoning this blog's reading universe.)

0 Comments:

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home